- History of JEN
- Board of Directors
- Festival Development
- Fundraising & Development
- Marketing & Communications
- Presidential Advisory Council
- CONFERENCE CENTRAL
- JENERAL STORE
- SUPPORT US
Marketing & Communications Committee
CMarketing & Communications Committee: Marina Terteryan-Chair
This committee is charged with the Marketing & Communications related to JEN. For example, developing press releases for JEN and reviewing the materials being placed in the JEN pages in JAZZed magazine, the quarterly Newsletter, the MFA eBlasts (2 per year), JAZZed eBlasts (monthly), Corporate Partner eBlasts, and further developing materials for the monthly eBlasts through Symphony Publications.
Focus on the development of ideas including: how to market to our exhibitors, to our membership base potential, how to create more membership benefits, what we can do to make the conference unique, etc.
There are two subcommittees withing the Marketing & Communications Committee. The JAZZed Submission Subcommittee is responsible for preparing the content for the JEN section in each issue of JAZZed. The JEN Newsletter Subcommittee is responsible for preparing the content for the quarterly JEN Newsletter.
(1) JAZZed magazine, 8 full color pages dedicated to JEN (deadline is to get material to Symphony is the 20th of the prior month)
a. Dec 20th deadline for JAN issue
b. Feb 20th deadline for MAR issue (will be conference coverage)
c. Apr 20th deadline for MAY issue
d. Jun 20th deadline for JULY issue
e. Aug 20th deadline for SEP issue
f. Oct 20th deadline for NOV issue
(2) Symphony Publishing eBlasts (monthly commitment). Deadline is the 1st of each month to get material to Symphony.
(3) Symphony Publishing also provides/produces for JEN, a One Page Four Color ad in each of the magazines they publish, which include: SBO; Choral Director, Music Parents America, and Musical Merchandise Review. Frequency is six times per year. This has generally been a page to promote the conference, i.e. Save the Date and/or Membership related information.
(4) JEN Quarterly Newsletter (Fall-Sept, Winter-Dec, Spring-March, Summer-June)
(5) MFA eBlasts (twice per year-June and December)
(6) MFA One Page ad in the Grand Nationals Program Book & Summer Symposium Booklet. The event is usually in November and the deadline is in October.
(7) MFA One Page ad in the National Festival Program book. The event is usually in March and the deadline is in February.
(8) Existing Web Presence
(9) Press Releases to OTHER magazines
Caleb Chapman, Board Rep
Dr. Lou Fischer
Mary Jo Papich
|JEN 2012 Marketing Plan||521.5 KB|