- CONFERENCE CENTRAL
- JENERAL STORE
- SUPPORT US
JEN Program Cover Design Contest
Calling all art students to participate in our Annual Conference Program Cover Design Contest! Calling all directors/educators to encourage talented arts students to enter.
A deserving high school or college art student has his/her artwork chosen to be featured as the cover art for the conference program. Program established 2010. Applications available online until closed.
PRIZE INFORMATION: First place-published as cover of Conference Program Book and $200 cash prize.
The THEME is JAZZ! Design a program cover that embraces the spirit of jazz. Jazz music is all about improvisation, collaboration, individualism, and flexible rhythmic structures.
Typical jazz instruments are the saxophone, trumpet, trombone, clarinet, flute, piano, guitar, double bass, tuba, drums, vocals, vibraphone and the banjo. The design program cover is a celebration of jazz music and should be your interpretation. Check out the cover designs for past year's Conference Programs at the link provided below.
- Artwork must be an original work by the artist
- Artist must be a high school, college/university or graduate school student
- Artwork may be created in any media
- Limit your color palette to three colors
- Artwork must be in a portrait format
- Your design should have areas where text will be inserted (some spaces should just have color)
- The program design must be 8 1/8” wide by 10 7/8” high
- Keep your design 1/8” away from the edges of the page
- Copying images from the internet or any copyrighted source will be automatically disqualified form the contest. When using reference material to create your work make sure you alter your images or use copyright free references.
- Your artwork should be submitted in a PDF. format as an attachment
- Make sure your PDF. is 300 dpi in cmyk
- Fill out the entry form and send with your artwork
- Save your original artwork
- Winner will have their artwork published as the JEN Conference Program Cover in January 2012 in Louisville, KY and it will be distributed to several thousand people!
- Winners will be informed and announced via email.
DEADLINE is October 15th.
Thanks for sharing your talents with the Jazz Education Network, GOOD LUCK!
- Application Forms and Criteria are available online until closed.
- Awards will be presented prior to the Annual JEN Conference.
- Deadline for applications to all programs is October 15th
- Notification to recipients as applicable by November 1st
JEN Program Design Contest Past Recipients:
2013 - Amanda White, 12th Grade, Niles West High School, Skokie, IL/Art Teacher, Barbara Wismer
2012 - Nicole Nienow, 9th Grade, Niles West High School, Skokie, IL/Art Teacher, Barbara Wismer
2011 - Baraah Alturfee, 9th Grade, Niles West High School, Skokie, IL/ArtTeacher, Barbara Wismer
2010 - Alex Cho, Senior, Niles North High School, Skokie, IL/Art Teacher,Ms. Lori Real