APPLICATIONS are now CLOSED for the 2018 Conference.
We invite you to submit applications from February 1st through March 31st, 12 o'clock midnight EST, to Perform, present a Clinic, a Jazz Industry & Music Business Proposal, or Research Paper for the Annual Conference.
Completing the JEN Online Application Form is a requirement in order to be considered for any of the above.
All performers/presenters must be members of JEN, will receive a conference pass, and must agree to stay at the conference hotel.
Eligible Membership levels to apply include:
- Full Individual
- School Festival Partner
- Institution Partner
- Corporate Partner
NOTE: You must be logged in to apply. Members in the eJEN or 18 and under categories are not eligible to submit applications. If you are an eJEN member and wish to upgrade to a Full Individual membership status, contact Larry Green, Membership Mgr. directly at email@example.com or by telephone: 1-573-692-0012 for immediate assistance.
This page includes GUIDELINES and LINKS below to:
- Apply to PERFORM a concert
- Apply to present a CLINIC
- Apply to present a RESEARCH Paper or Poster Presentation
- Apply to present a JAZZ INDUSTRY & MUSIC BUSINESS SYMPOSIUM session
Notification Letters will be delivered in accordance with the Timeline of Communication If accepted recipients must confirm between July 1st-15th.
- FULL Individual Members are permitted one submission in each category.
- Institution & Corporate Members are permitted to submit up to a maximum of three applications for three different artists in each of the categories.
It is recommended you print all pages for reference as you prepare your materials for submission. Items marked with a red asterisk* must be included at the time of your application in order to be considered.
- If you presented as a lead CLINICIAN at the previous conference, you are not eligible to submit and present a clinic proposal this year. You are eligible to apply as a performer.
- If you performed as a LEADER at the previous conference, you are not eligible to submit and perform as a leader this year.
- You are eligible to assist on a clinic or perform as a side-person of another ensemble.
- Research Papers, Poster Sessions or Jazz Industry & Music Business applications may be submitted annually without limitation.
For DETAILED information related to performing or presenting at JEN, and what equipment JEN will provide on site, please refer to the:
HOW TO PREPARE:
- How to DOWNLOAD the GUIDELINES and APPLICATION:
- Click on the specific Guideline link for the type of application you wish to submit
- Scroll to the bottom of the How to Prepare Page
- Select PDF Version
- Save/Download to your computer
- Print a copy of the GUIDELINES for that application
- Familiarize yourself with all procedures and materials to prepare ahead of time
- From any one of the GUIDELINES Page(s), Scroll to the hyperlink provided to get you to the application
- Towards the bottom of the page click the type of application you wish to submit as prompted. Doing so will open that specific application.
- Read through and highlight those areas with specific file sizes and file labeling instructions as they relate to document preparation and audio uploads, etc. PRIOR to attempting to submit.
- PRINT a copy of the application once all questions related to YOUR application have been opened for response
- You will be asked for a photo of the presenter, the performing artist or ensemble you are submitting to perform
- IF you do not have one available you can return to your original application at a later date to upload the photo