Established in 2012, the Mission of the JEN Mentor Program is to foster a program encompassing substantive one-to-one mentoring between student musicians and experienced master-level musicians. Achievement of this goal is through development of a system of broad-based student-mentor relationships designed to provide the student with additional tools towards fostering a productive, well-rounded career as a professional musician.
Click here to view a testimonial from Mentor Ruben Alvarez and Mentee Christian Euman.
Click below to apply as a participant over 18 or as a Director for your student under 18 to participate in the JEN Mentoring Program:
Previous Mentees and Mentors include:
- Jared Cathey, saxophone/clarinet, Music Performance & Composition, Claremore, OK. - University of Central Oklahoma - Mentor: John Clayton
- Zac Lee, trombone, Composition & Production, Edmond, OK. -University of Central Oklahoma - Mentor: Caleb Chapman
- Jeff Schneider, saxophone, Performance & Composition, Amherst, MA. - University of Massachusetts at Amherst - Mentor: Bob Sinicrope
- Micah Maurio, trumpet, Performance & Composition, Pelham, WA. - University of Massachusetts at Amherst - Mentor: Terell Stafford
- Ben Schnidt-Swartz, saxophone, Performance & Composition, Kalamazoo, MI - Western Michigan University - Mentor: John Clayton
- Christian Euman, drums, Performance, Kalamazoo, MI - Western Michigan University - Mentor: Ruben Alvarez
- Dieter Rice, Performance & Education, Lexington, KY - University of Kentucky - Mentor: Monika Herzig